Senior/Principal DevOps Engineer
Aug. 20, 2021, 11:36 a.m.
Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal DevOps engineer on a team that supports our production infrastructure. While the term DevOps means a lot of things to different people, we think about it more along the lines of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). Within this role, you will:
- Design new solutions for our Kubernetes-based platform using a modern set of technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible)
- Work with other teams of DevOps professionals
- Participate in an on-call rotation that emphasizes ample time away from notifications.
- Report to a DevOps Engineering Manager.
- Administer AWS resources using modern Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Create and own platform level services on top of Kubernetes (FluentD, Datadog, Go)
- Develop automation scripts by submitting PRs and participating in code reviews (Github)
- Build monitors and alerts that keep uptime high and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, Cloudwatch)
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation that rewards proactivity and de-emphasizes "heroing" (PagerDuty)
- We handle healthcare data, so you'll observe HIPAA and related laws
- Proficient in one or more programming or scripting languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- 2+ years experience operating container hosting platforms (Kubernetes, AWS EKS, GKE or AKS)
- 2+ years experience leading infrastructure projects and working with application teams (DevOps / SRE)
- 4+ years experience with containerized workloads (Docker or otherwise)
- 4+ years experience with a cloud-native platform (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- 4+ years experience troubleshooting Linux hosts through command line (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux2, shell)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical role, or the equivalent experience
- Bonus - You've run Hashicorp Vault
Please note that we can hire this position in multiple states.
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to select health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will improve into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better achieve our digital products to consumers.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.