Data Engineer II
Aug. 20, 2021, 11:36 a.m.
Join Rally Health as a Data Engineer where you will partner with product managers and data consumers to meet our internal analytics and client data needs. You will use our modern data platform - which uses infrastructure and tools like Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Spark, Databricks, Airflow, Amazon S3, and Amazon Redshift - to meet your goals. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of data pipeline development from data discovery and design to quality and maintenance. As part of the larger Data Engineering team, you will report to an Engineering Manager. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
- Play an important role in the discovery, design, development, and validation of big data pipelines
- Build scalable Spark pipelines for large-scale healthcare data
- Build datasets and data products that support population health management and positive recommendations that allow individuals to improve their health and manage their costs
- Optimize data pipelines to handle growing data volumes
- Collaborate on designs for data pipelines and data tooling that meet performance and data quality standards
- Participate in business analysis and data discovery to gather data requirements
- 3+ years experience in distributed systems, data engineering, software engineering or similar fields
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Strong coding skills in a language such as Scala, Java or Python
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with Airflow or another workflow orchestration framework
- Experience with data visualization or BI tools is a plus
- Exposure to data modeling methodologies such as Kimball and Inman is a plus
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states:
- AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
- The expected salary range for this position in CO will be: $110,000-$150,000
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better bring our digital products to consumers.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. ((This can be removed for non SF positions))