Senior Site Reliability Engineer, HC Platforms
May 3, 2023, 11:55 p.m.
Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a technology and science community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work within Flatiron HC™ to accelerate our mission of improving cancer care and learning from patient experiences. You will accomplish this by ensuring that our technical infrastructure and practices maintain the highest levels of reliability, performance, and agility. In addition, you'll also:
- Design and build infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence.
- Partner with product and application teams to provide guidance and best practices around scalability, reliability, observability, and performance of our productions systems, infrastructure, and software
- Craft solid and clearly explained designs, playbooks, and documentation, for consumption by teammates and the larger engineering organization
- Improve operational efficiency through automation and deployment or development of new tools
- Be proactive in performance & availability monitoring; provide remediations for systemic issues
- Ingest requirements, scope work, produce estimates and help define deliverables with project timelines
- Work as a team on escalations, resolving critical issues that impact our high SLA production systems
Who You Are
You're a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with 5+ years of experience working in a devops or software engineering role. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience writing simple, readable, useful code, especially for operational tooling
- You have experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- You are proficient with configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- You have experience working with a production environment with high uptime requirements and measurable SLAs
- You are environment agnostic in your practices, and are able to scale them across Windows, Linux, and cloud native environments.
- You are a strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams
- You have the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- You have experience implementing observability for monolithic and microservice systems
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous paid leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.