Senior Technical Product Manager
Oct. 7, 2021, 11:36 a.m.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager for our Core Product team. You will assist specifically in product management efforts within the Eligibility and Authorization cohort, which is a subset of Core Product. You'll work with other Product, Project and Engineering personnel from wide-ranging areas of the enterprise including internal Rally solutions teams and those from our partners. We seek a software product management professional with proven experience driving feature level development that involves technical requirements. As the domain of the Eligibility and Authorization team involves complex backend architectures, a great candidate will possess both humility and confidence as they become more familiar with the domain. This role is very technical and requires a keen ability to communicate efficiently with both engineering and product teams to remove ambiguity from requirements and ensure deliverable timelines are met. You will report to the Lead Technical Product Manager on the Core Product Team. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
- Contribute to the eligibility and authorization platform expansion by owning specific product deliverables from start to finish.
- Aid in updating and communicating outward the roadmap for Core eligibility platform.
- Work with other individual contributors and people managers from product, engineering, client implementation, program management, design, client delivery and account management for delivery of roadmap plans.
- Provide hands-on, rolled-up-sleeves work ethic to lighten day-to-day product load on the Sr. Product Managers for the Eligibility team.
- Attend stand-ups and track development progress in order to accurately relay the team's efforts towards project completion.
- Occasionally lead internal and external stakeholder calls regarding products and features they own and support in relation to development work we are tasked with performing.
- Prefer action versus inaction, you are not afraid to be wrong.
- Practice thinking strategically and executing methodically.
- Thrive in a busy environment and see ambiguity as a way to forge the future and change the status quo.
- Be willing to speak up and fight for what you think is right.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience working in software platform product management.
- Experience overseeing technical platform products.
- Passion for healthcare or experience in healthcare or insurance a plus.
- Experience contributing to the concept creation, technical development, and launch of technical products.
- Experience with APIs and data transformation technologies.
- Background with Agile, Scrum, and other software development methodologies.
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better bring our digital products to consumers.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. ((This can be removed for non SF positions))