Senior Financial Analyst, Product Development
March 13, 2023, 2:56 p.m.
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
We are seeking an analytical, organized, and forward-thinking Senior Financial Analyst, who is excited about driving and scaling Honor’s growth trajectory. As part of a highly skilled FP&A team, you will contribute to the development of the annual operating budget, monthly forecasts, and Honor’s multi-year strategic plan. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
This position will partner with the Product Development team to ensure the success of key strategic initiatives. You will help ensure product initiatives are evaluated thoughtfully, and outcomes are measured and reported out on a regular basis. You will partner with the team to guide their thinking about our business and P&L and will also play a key role in analyzing and streamlining processes across the broader Technology organization.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details and will bring analytical and communication skills, a solution-oriented mindset, a curiosity for operational details, and an ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Execute on key month-end and quarter-end business processes.
- Participate in planning cycles including monthly forecasts, annual budgeting, and providing inputs into the company’s long-range model.
- Be the primary business partner for the Product team as they execute initiatives critical to the company’s mission. Partner with product management to develop team goals/OKRs and to put in place analytical tools to ensure we maintain ongoing visibility into the attainment of these goals.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for this function, including:
- Partnering with business to ensure accuracy for spend, headcount, and other key metrics based on operational performance.
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting.
- Leading thoughtful analyses, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies.
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals and other elements of the close process.
- Evolving these processes, as needed.
- Analyze and evaluate the financial impacts of cross-functional (Product and Engineering) projects including streamlining processes, being point on system enhancements, etc.
- Participate in the company's long-range strategic planning, as applicable.
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support senior management and business decisions.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- A bachelors degree in Finance
- 4+ years of work experience in an FP&A role at a high-growth company.
- Experience supporting product teams, scaled operations or marketplace businesses a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; experience building complex financial models.
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience a plus.
- Experience leveraging a strong analytical mindset and exceptional communication skills to scale processes in a fast-paced environment and effectively convey deliverables to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions; proven track record of taking ownership and driving business results.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload.
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
We value people! These four people-centric values guide the ways we work and decisions we make every day.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.