Product Operations Manager
March 13, 2023, 2:54 p.m.
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Operations Manager to join our Product Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Product Operations team unlocks Oscar’s ability to ship more products better and faster, which is critical to Oscar’s overall mission to use technology and design to refactor healthcare. The primary function of Product Operations is to execute and continuously improve processes leading up to product launch, as well as ongoing processes that have not been automated.
As a Product Operations Manager in the Communications and Automations domain, you will be embedded with 3 of our engineering pods, working in partnership with a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers. You’ll become an expert in your domain area and become the “go to” person for questions about the current functionality of our configurable engagement and automation tools. You’ll own key product delivery processes, such as campaign reviews, stakeholder support and training, campaign troubleshooting and issue resolution, synthesis of stakeholder feedback, QA Planning, Launch Readiness, and Bug Triage -- both ensuring that they’re executed well and continuously improved.
You will report to the Product Operations Manager II. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $120,000 - $157,500 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants and annual performance bonuses.
- Define best practices for usage of configurable engagement and automation tools, and train and empower stakeholders to adhere to these best practices.
- Execute on operational tasks, such reviewing and approving drafted Campaigns and Automation scripts to ensure they drive intended business outcomes.
- Dive into data and systems using SQL to understand trends and troubleshoot issues.
- Aggregate and synthesize stakeholder feedback to influence roadmap development.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Product Management, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations to collaborate and discover solutions as a team.
- Facilitate internal communications around project status, feature launches and dependencies.
- Ensure that bugs are being escalated and triaged appropriately.
- Create and maintain documentation to make processes sustainable and scalable.
- Design and implement new processes while anticipating potential future use cases to ensure long term scalability in solution design.
- 5+ years of work experience in a cross-functional role in technology or operations
- At least 3+ years of that experience involves working directly with engineers and designers
- Previous experience partnering closely with marketing or operations teams
- You’ve demonstrated your ability to pick up technical concepts; while SQL is not a requirement for the role coming in, you will need to learn and use SQL regularly in this role.
- SQL skills are strongly preferred.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.