Senior Product Designer, Real World Evidence
Jan. 24, 2023, 12:56 a.m.
Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a technology and science community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
We are looking for a product designer who is excited about designing software and services that can dramatically change the way cancer research is conducted by working within the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our RWE datasets are used by researchers at life science companies and academic institutions to answer some of the most important questions in cancer.
Our technology-first approach has allowed Flatiron Research to build RWE datasets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other available data set. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, the top 15 biopharma companies in oncology, and the FDA, all focused on using RWE to answer critical questions quickly and safely.
By joining our team, you will design holistic solutions and services that empower our teams to serve our clients more quickly and efficiently. The designer will accelerate our user research efforts to understand how internal touchpoints all work together and design product and service-based solutions that make it easier and faster to provide robust scientific evidence to our researchers by integrating analyses of user needs and building prototypes that communicate these ideas clearly to stakeholders.
- Identify areas of improvement to standardize and accelerate workflows for both technical and non-technical users and de-risk tooling and process changes through scoped, objective, outcome oriented user testing and research
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Help design simple, effective, minimum-viable interventions for those problems, in both tooling and processes
Who You Are
- Prior experience in applied product design, user experience design, interaction design, or service design for data intensive applications
- Having a systems thinking approach to problem solving, with an ability to visualize complex relationships through service blueprinting, journey mapping, information flow mapping, and service prototyping
- The ability to design at various levels of zoom, from interactions and touch-points to products and services to end-to-end journeys
- A systems-oriented mindset, with an appetite to dig into complex design challenges by leveraging quantitative and qualitative research
- Excellent communication skills and prior experience working with executive stakeholders
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous paid leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.