Field Outreach Representative - Senior Health (Sales)
Nov. 23, 2022, 9:51 p.m.
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
On September 1, 2021, One Medical acquired Iora Health, a human-centered primary care organization focused on people 65+ on Medicare. By joining forces, we’re able to better address the needs of seniors — an important step in our mission to transform healthcare for all.
As we expand our ability to change the way that the 60M+ Medicare patients in the United States receive care, the One Medical Senior Health team is also growing. We are seeking to hire a Field Outreach Representative who will be responsible for executing local community events designed to promote and sell the One Medical Senior Health model. Reporting to the Regional Field Outreach Manager, you will work in close collaboration with other Field Outreach Representatives in the market to develop and sustain strong lasting relationships with community partners, building and executing community events focused on generating leads that turn into prospective patients.
Goal oriented and outcomes motivated, you thrive in an environment with defined parameters and targets. Driven to excel, you are inclined to meet and exceed expectations and quality standards, but have successfully had some latitude over prioritization/timing, and possess the ability to work under minimal direction. You balance independence and collaboration well, understand the scope and practice of your role, however are inspired to find creative and innovative solutions to the challenges you face. If you possess solid judgment, demonstrate resilience and strong negotiating skills, coupled with a passion for our mission and driving engagement across the innovative Senior Health care model, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll work on:
- Meet and exceed personal sales target goals (targets are tied directly to patient lead generation /qualification)
- Launch, grow and direct all sales efforts around increasing patient acquisition
- Nurture and create leads with Iora brand through regularly scheduled activities and events
- Extensive community tabling for brand awareness, and community mapping outreach
- Identifies self generated opportunities for market and agent/agency partners
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Persuade insurance agents to consider One Medical Senior Health primary care for their patients
- Maintain relationships across a variety of functions and locations
- Identify potential patients' needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how
- Document patient enrollment activity in salesforce.com in a timely and accurate manner, along with administrative work to include metric reporting
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics.
What you’ll have:
- 2+ years of outside sales and marketing experience required, with strong preference for candidates with previous experience in Medicare or healthcare sales and engagement
- Prior community partnership experience preferred but not required
- Proven multitasking skills with the ability to handle multiple mediums of communication simultaneously including, phone, email and chat while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative / operational / customer support assignments.
- Have worked in fast-paced, results-driven work atmosphere
- Team Player with strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade/convince others to take action and a positive outlook
- Experience using salesforce.com or similar CRM tools, preferred but not required
- Comfortable working occasional nights and weekends
- Fluency in Spanish preferred but not required
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full time remote role in the field that will require occasional nights and weekends as well as the ability to travel 50% within your market.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The minimum base salary for this role is $50,000 annually plus applicable incentive. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, RSUs, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers/
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.