Senior Engineering Manager (Solutions Engineering)
Oct. 25, 2022, 8:51 p.m.
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
As an Sr Engineering Manager at Cedar, you will get the chance to work with a smart, diverse, thoughtful, and experienced cross-functional team on a platform that is scaling extremely rapidly and help solve an important problem that affects tens of millions of patients annually. This opportunity in the Solutions Engineering Pillar will allow you to leverage your knowledge and experience in a high-impact way.
The Solutions Engineering Pillar owns building the integration of the entire patient experience for our core post-visit product.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who is passionate about coding and wants to remain technically involved while building and managing a high-performing team. You will be tasked with building out a brand new team where you are the founding member. The team will be focused on building and enhancing integrations with our Enterprise clients. The Solutions Engineering pillar is further tasked with building tooling to enhance our integration framework such as to make integrating with Cedar’s clients more repeatable, faster and of higher quality.
In this role you will:
- Hire and build a diverse, inclusive, collaborative, and high performing team of engineers
- Be a deeply hands-on contributor to your team’s technical work
- Play a key role in architectural and implementation decisions and articulate the impact of those decisions
- Partner with Product, Data Science and Delivery to build your team and successful client integrations.
- Collaborate with other managers across engineering on engineering-wide organization and process initiatives
- Work closely with our client implementation and commercial teams to best understand the needs of our clients and patients
- You have extensive experience as a backend developer (7+ years)
- You have experience managing a team of engineers (2+ years)
- You have experience hiring and onboarding Junior to Staff level engineers (even better if you have built a team from scratch)
- You must have strong project management skills
- You have first hand experience working with cross organizational teams building synergies and processes.
- You have experience working on large product frameworks.
- You have experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Python and Django expertise is preferred.
- You are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where collaboration is a core part of how you work (experience working on DE&I initiatives is a bonus)
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $221,000 - $260,000
- This is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- 401k plan with 3% employer non-election contribution
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.