Lead/Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack (Comms & Practice Engagement)
Aug. 22, 2021, 11:36 a.m.
PatientPop is the leader in practice growth with the only all-in-one solution that empowers healthcare providers to improve every digital touchpoint of the patient journey. As experts in the healthcare technology space, PatientPop makes it easy for providers to promote their practices online, attract patients, and retain them for life.
We've grown from a small team to a workforce of 500+ driven individuals who are committed to scaling smarter. As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while ensuring that we maintain a superb customer experience. That, in part, means finding highly qualified candidates who want to invest their energy to align with our company's long-term goals.
How you will contribute:
- Lead engineering efforts for designing and developing workflows to help enhance product service offering.
- Take ownership of the quality of design and implementation of software components that evolve over time.
- Contribute to all aspects of software development lifecycle such as: design review, code reviews, implementation, unit testing, benchmarking performance, etc.
- Must be comfortable with taking on new engineering challenges and defining a potential solution that may involve interfacing with non-engineering teams such as product.
- Mentor other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask, Django
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Redis
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or relevant working experience
- Strong experience in Python, Java or PHP and a passion to learn new language
- Extensive experience with Microservices and scalable object-oriented REST-ful web services
- Experience with event-driven technologies (Kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and a few non-relational databases (Redis, Dynamo, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Hbase)
- You have an understanding of distributed design patterns using cloud-based systems such as AWS
- You are team-oriented and collaborative, with the capacity to mentor team members
Why you're important to us:
To win and keep our customers' love we obsess over our platform. Our beautiful products (yes we said beautiful) depend on our ability to remain reliable as we grow. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for engineering and can work with us to produce solutions of the highest quality.
In 90 days you will:
Contribute to the design and development of software components. You should prepare to have an immediate impact on the organization from day one. You’ll take this far beyond your first 90 days. Expect to constantly be learning, challenging yourself and strategizing with your team on building world-class engineering practices.
- Opportunity to create impact
- Ownership and autonomy
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Remote friendly or relocation assistance provided
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- Our HQ is 2 Blocks from the beach, next to the promenade and dog friendly
- And many more perks!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.